Things I did this weekend:
1. Went to the Ink Slingers meeting (it was awesome–Travis and Mark liked my story and said that, for a girl, my dialogue is hard-boiled). Candas responded well to our feedback and I think we gave her some useful suggestions for her story.
2. Alan and I shopped at Kohl’s and got some wicked good deals. Took care of Mel and Shawn and bought some Santas. One thing I noticed about Christmas time and shopping–people are impatient. Isn’t the whole meaning of Christmas about Jesus and remembering his spirit? Isn’t that why it’s called the “spirit” of Christmas? Shouldn’t we focus on being forgiving and loving? I think people misinterpreted the meaning of Christmas to mean a time of forgiving to be a time for giving.
3. We ate lunch at Panera with Mel and Jim and then went to a candle show. Ate French onion soup. Yum yum.
4. Met Heather and Travis at the movies–Enchanted for me and Heather, The Mist for Travis and Alan. Good times.
5. Dinner at Fish Daddy’s. More yumminess. Travis tipped back a few. Laughed at his assload of whip cream.
6. Finished Gone, Baby, Gone. It was great. I’m starting The Poet next. Then Red Tent.
7. Watched a crapload of movies–Shrek the Third, I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Live Free or Die Hard, Next, Ocean’s 13, Waitress
8. Took a 2-hour nap.
Life is good. :o)